We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy and security of your personal information (‘personal data’).
Purpose of the policy
It is important that you read this policy, together with any other linked documents, so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal data.
Where we refer in this policy to your ‘personal data’, we mean any recorded information that is about you and from which you can be identified. It does not include data where your identity has been removed (anonymous data).
Where we refer to the ‘processing’ of your personal data, we mean anything that we do with that information, including collection, use, storage, disclosure, retention or deletion.
Who is using your data?
The Said Business School is the ‘data controller’ for the information that you provide to us when visiting our website or social media.
Types of data we collect about you
We will collect, store, and use the following types of personal data when you use our site, or through your interaction with our digital advertising on social media.
Data you give us
You may give us data about you including:
- Your name
- Job title
- Your email address
- Company name
When do we collect personal data?
We will collect data about you when you:
- Request to receive our newsletter;
- Submit articles to be published on the website.
How do we use your data?
We process your data for one or more of the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information you have requested.
- To provide you with marketing communications where we have your consent, or to seek your views on our products and services. We do this only where you have specifically indicated that you consent to receive such communications, for example, by ticking a box or through some other action, or by volunteering non-mandatory information. You can withdraw your consent at any by unsubscribing. In this event, we will stop any processing as soon as we can. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before your withdrawal of consent and you may no longer be able to use the website in the same way you did before.
- For the purposes for which you use the website, such as to enable you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, including forum comments. This processing is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you, to take steps requested by you prior to entering into a contract or to meet our legitimate interests.
Change of purpose
We will only process your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another related reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your data for an unrelated purpose, we will seek your consent to use it for that new purpose. Please note that there may be occasions where we may process your data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Where we store or use your data
We may store data collected by the website electronically. This data will be stored on secure servers. We have contracts in place with these data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of transmitted data and any transmission is at your own risk.
Retaining your personal data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a ‘data subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of your data and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this policy